02 April 2010

Baby-related nightmares

Well, this was an unexpected symptom.

I woke up at 5:15am shaking (and surprisingly not screaming) at the conclusion of a vivid mini-series occurring in the depths of my brain. I won't go into the details, but it was a freakishly realistic dream involving the kid - even so, it stayed related to my periodic spy film/sci-fi dreams. I tend to forget 99% of my dreams, so why does this one have to stick with me? Blech.

Now that I'm writing this, I wonder if it's related to taking a sleeping pill last night. Either that, or Mom took hallucinogens while she was pregnant with me.

To make myself feel better, I googled "nightmares":

7 comments:

Amanda said...

'Symtoms' of being an expectant father. Interesting ;-P Sadly, these nightmares will likely continue (and intensify!) once baby bean arrives.

PS. I never want to see that cat again.

Robert Bryan said...

Thanks for the reassuring words, Amanda! Much like the teens in A Nightmare on Elm Street, I think the next time this happens I'll become too scared to sleep.

Amanda said...

Sorry! Didn't mean to be a negative nelly! Quick question...is said nightmares, was 'the kid' a boy or a girl??

;-P

TJ said...

I didn't want to know what the nightmare was and then I did and then I didn't.

I had a dream I was going into labour and heart burn was making it go smoothly.

Robert Bryan said...

Funny thing about the baby's gender - in the dream, it was a ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzdsafhdfhdskfhsiufhhvd!@$@$#@#@^%#CARRIER LOST

TJ said...

Sir, where are all of your charming anecdotes about becoming a father?!

Robert Bryan said...

Sorry, I've been reconsidering my online brand and how I want that to look.